Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nate the Great vs Helen Lenny

As the holiday season of 2007 approached, I began to think of ways I could give really great presents on a really low budget.
I found an old photo of my deceased grandfather and carved it for a Chanukah present for my grandmother, who I refer to as Buby.


Every Christmas we go to my Aunt Bink's farm to play snow football, ride snowmobiles & horses, drink rum & eggnog, and swap presents in a secret santa gift exchange.  This year I had Aunt Bink (my mother's sister) as my recipient which is why I decided to carve a portrait of her mother (my other grandmother) who passed away when my mother was 10.

Both carvings were very well received, however, Buby was quite critical of her husband's eyes: "something isn't right" she said. 


No comments: