Monday, November 3, 2008

herman dune tradesies


Last Wednesday, I had the great privilege of seeing Herman Dune for the second time in one month at the Horseshoe in Toronto.  Their set wasn't as long as last time but it was just as good.


Being the Herman Dune freak that I am, I brought along two copies of a poster I made for their last album, GIANT, to give to them, as a weird fanatical gift.

"Giant"
lino-cut relief print
2005

And in return, not only did they both embrace me with all their french love, David (yaya) gave me their new album.  And needless to say, it's brilliant.



I was going to bring the carving I did of yaya, but then I decided to wait because perhaps they're not quite ready to know how big of a fan I actually am.

"Dun't Schloof"
wood carving on particle board
2007

1 comment:

Scheve said...

My copy of the 'Giant' lino cut is waiting in a box to be shipped here by my mama, and I can't wait to hang it back up again.